Honolulu Waldorf Dyslexia Intervention Program
To support students who have been professionally diagnosed with Dyslexia, Mrs. Dela Cruz, a trained Reading Specialist,
Dyslexia Consultant, and
Orton-Gillingham Tutor, works with students, hires additional tutors, and directs the program.
Dyslexia Intervention Program Objectives:
- Provide tutoring during the academic school day to Honolulu Waldorf School students in grades 1-8 who have previously been diagnosed with dyslexia by a doctor, psychologist, or neurologist.
- Provide direct, explicit, and simultaneously multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham-based reading tutoring to dyslexic students.
- Provide at least two tutoring sessions per week for each student.
- Provide parents and teachers with information to support dyslexic students in the classroom and at home.
- Closely monitor dyslexic students’ progress during tutoring sessions and communicate this progress to teachers and parents.
- Provide tutoring at a more affordable rate for Waldorf families when compared to the cost of private tutors.
*Services include: Initial and on-going comprehensive reading assessments.